After helping clients wade through the shakes and the meal planning for almost 5 years I have some top tips to share. Some of you are finishing your 30 Days To Healthy Living program while some of you are hanging back in fear. Use these tips to have a successful Arbonne cleanse.
- Be prepared. This is one of the key principles and everyone talks about stocking your fridge and getting rid of the temptations. It couldn’t more true that you HAVE to have almonds, apples, almond milk or coconut milk, or veggies or something to munch in the first week or so. Coming off of a sugar addiction or our beloved coffee can be challenging and you want to have the proper foods around to help prevent breakdowns and cheats.
- Speak up on the poop talk. The vast majority of my clients enjoy a “good” to “great” experience during the 30 Day program. Many of the ones who don’t are the ones who don’t communicate with me early on about their digestive issues. Some people’s systems will slow down before they get better and I have tools and tricks to help many of them. Don’t be shy to ask if things are normal.
- Plan healthy activities. I have good party tips and tricks even while you are cleansing but make it easier on yourself by planning healthy activities WITH healthy people. (It’s okay to take some time off from your drinking buddies.) Plan a weekend hike or a cultural event during the week instead of the usual happy hours.
- Dig deeper into the spiritual and emotional cleansing. I don’t talk about this with everyone but a lot can shift when the body clears out inflammation, toxins and the brain clears. Sometimes you can feel cranky or low in the first week so I recommend taking time out to journal or meditate and help yourself work through those emotions. Further along into the cleanse you may find yourself with increased energy and clarity which you can nurture with yoga or pushing yourself through some blocks that you have found in your life.
- Make an exit strategy. I try my best to prepare clients for “life beyond the 30 days” because we are of course aiming to make these lifestyle habits. When the body is clear of inflammatories you should do your own science experiment and test yourself for gluten or dairy sensitivities. So this means don’t plan a Vegas weekend on Day 31! It can be difficult to go from a strict plan to no plan so go cautiously into your regular routine with some restrictions on your desserts, wine, etc.
Arbonne’s 30 Days To Healthy Living program is a fantastic tool to learning more about your body, your food sensitivities and your ability to make permanent healthy changes in your life. You can choose to use the program guide that is provided by Arbonne or add additional coaching to help you through the process. There is a great support system of 1000’s of people who have been through the program and continue to share information and encouragement. Contact me if you are ready to learn more.